who am I & who I wanna be

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

what makes me feel "I am not in India"

It has been almost one month, I am in United States of America . Life is pretty comfortable here. One of the first thing, I noticed here is american people always say to you "Hi, with a smile", whether they know you or not..it doesn't matter. While starting a conversation, this actually makes you feel good and comfortable with them...While coming over here I was enough scared of getting bored, as I was a working professional in my country...but now I think...just by making yourself busy drops that scary idea...:)....Being a good housewife is not a very simple job...and I guess every woman wants to be a good housewife. This idea may clash with others who dont think this way..but it's just my personel thought.
But still...what is left???
*When I see American Flag anywhere, it reminds me of "Tiranga"...and a sudden thought of being a foreigner here.
*While talking to people, when the spoken English gives me a professional touch whereas spoken Hindi is in blood.
May be, as I'll get more familiar with this place..I'll use to see this flag and then that sudden thought may disappear.....
may not be..since in India, I brought up and did my school, college, job.....
I am just emotionally attached to it....and I really miss it for everything...

1 Comments:

Blogger Smart-Alecky said...

That'll missing thing will happen no matter where you go...
And as far as boring goes... its really good that you something to do at home, or else life there sucks big time...
i have had my share of experience when the only to do after office was to watch that stupid TV or walk... :(
Lucky girl

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home